Today Scrum is the king of agile Frameworks while XP is underrated
The 14th agility status report says that 58% of the people that filled the survey use Scrum and only 1% use Extreme Programming –or XP. But XP also contributes to the creation of software. Let’s see:
Main advantages of XP:
- XP focuses on the timely delivery of final products.
- XP Programming teams save a lot of money because they don’t use much documentation. They usually solve problems through discussions within the team.
- Simplicity is one more advantage of XP projects. Developers who prefer to use this methodology create straightforward code that can improve at any time.
- The whole process in XP is visible and accountable. Developers compromise what they are going to achieve and show progress.
- Constant feedback is also the strong side. You need to listen and make the necessary changes in time.
XP the underrated Agile Framework
Not that the advantages of XP are disadvantages of Scrum. Rather, Scrum and XP are aligned and complement each other.
If you are in a team that works with Scrum, you may find it difficult to differentiate between Scrum and XP, and probably, as was the case with me, you attribute the methods and tools entirely to Scrum. And it is not like that.
Scrum emphasizes mindset, methods, and tools for team self-management and thus generates value and well-being. On the other hand, XP emphasizes technical and practical elements for incremental software creation with technical excellence.
Extreme Programming and Scrum, which is better?
I see no reason to choose between using one or the other definitely. If a Scrum team knows and practices the XP rules, it can offer more value to customers and more well-being to its team members.
Do you dare to explore Extreme Programming with us? Please write to us!
 I wouldn’t say I like the word “Rules,” but that’s how they put it on the XP documentation
The cover image was taken from: Technology vector created by freepik – www.freepik.com
Más de 10 años usando marcos ágiles. Acompañamiento en más de 100 iniciativas o proyectos.
Certificado en Safe Scaled Agile. Scrum Master PSM I Certified.
Hago Yoga, medito, leo y navego. Me gustan los buenos rones, amigos y conversaciones.
Orgulloso hijo, esposo y padre.
Intento hacer de este un mundo mejor.